In the world of boxing, protecting your knuckles is paramount.
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a beginner, the right gear can make all the difference.
That’s why I’ve spent countless hours in the ring, testing and reviewing a variety of gloves to bring you the best boxing gloves for knuckle protection.
My top pick are the Hayabusa T3 Kanpeki boxing gloves because of their reliability for overall hand protection and the Deltra-EG padding features in the knuckle area.
These gloves are not only designed to keep your knuckles safe but also to enhance your performance in the ring.
Table of Contents
- Combat Sports MMA Bag Gloves: These gloves offer a traditional grip bar for added comfort and multi-layered foam for increased knuckle safety. They are excellent for bag work and mitt work, but may be too firm for sparring.
- Hayabusa S4 Lace-Up Boxing Gloves: With a pre-curved anatomical pocket and padded knuckle protection, these gloves ensure correct fist closure and alignment. They are durable and comfortable, but may run small for those with larger hands.
- Revgear Elite Leather Boxing Gloves: These gloves offer extra padding around the middle knuckle and thumb area, providing crucial protection for those concerned about knuckle damage. They are durable and comfortable but might be front-heavy for some users.
- Hayabusa T3 Kanpeki Leather Boxing Gloves: These gloves offer high-impact protection with the Deltra-EG knuckle protection and patented Fusion Splinting and Dual-X closure for unparalleled wrist support. They are high-quality and comfortable but are on the pricier side.
- Combat Corner MMA Spar Gloves: These gloves offer superior comfort and protection with an injection molded foam padding system. They are durable and versatile, but might run small for some users, and the padding might feel stiff until broken in.
Top Picks Boxing Gloves With Knuckle Protection
Here’s my selection of boxing gloves that will do the best job of keeping your knuckles scrape-free.
Combat Sports MMA Bag Gloves
- Traditional grip bar for added comfort and protection
- Multi-layered foam that increases knuckle safety
- Extended padding for better finger protection
Having put the Combat Sports MMA Bag Gloves to the test, I can confidently say they offer a solid solution for knuckle protection.
The multi-layered foam padding provides a cushion that absorbs impact effectively, reducing the risk of knuckle injuries.
The extended padding also offers better finger protection, which is a plus.
However, these gloves are not just about protection. They also offer comfort, thanks to the traditional grip bar.
This feature enhances the fit and makes the gloves more comfortable during long training sessions.
While these gloves are great for bag work and mitt work, they may not be the best choice for sparring due to their firm padding.
They are also a bit snug, so consider going a size up for a more comfortable fit.
Overall, these gloves are a reliable choice for anyone seeking to protect their knuckles during heavy bag workouts.
- Excellent knuckle and finger protection
- Comfortable grip bar
- Durable construction
- May be too firm for sparring
- Sizes run small, consider ordering a size up
Hayabusa S4 Lace-Up Boxing Gloves
- PU leather construction and nylon lining for durability
- Pre-curved anatomical pocket with grip bar for correct fist closure and alignment
- Splinted wrist support for secure, protective fit
- Padded knuckle protection for comfort and safety
When I first slipped on the Hayabusa S4 Lace Up Boxing Gloves, I was immediately struck by their comfort.
The pre-curved anatomical pocket with a grip bar ensures correct fist closure and alignment, which is crucial for protecting your knuckles.
The padded knuckle protection is a standout feature, providing a cushion that absorbs impact and keeps your knuckles safe.
The PU leather construction and nylon lining make these gloves durable and able to withstand high-intensity workouts.
It has a traditional full lace palm and unique splinted wrist support to deliver a secure, protective fit that prevents risky and damaging bends.
However, these gloves might not be the best choice for those with larger hands as they tend to run small. Also, the faux leather material, while durable, doesn’t offer the same premium feel as genuine leather.
I think the Hayabusa S4 Lace Up Boxing Gloves are a solid choice for those seeking knuckle protection and comfort in their boxing gloves.
- Excellent knuckle protection
- Secure and comfortable fit
- Durable construction
- Sizes run small
- Faux leather doesn’t feel as premium as genuine leather
Revgear Elite Leather Boxing Gloves
- High-quality leather construction
- Ergonomic finger area
- Extra thumb/knuckle protection
- Advanced shock-absorbing padding
- Durable heavy-duty construction
When I first slipped my hands into the Revgear Elite Leather Boxing Gloves, I was immediately impressed by the snug, anatomically correct hand pocket.
It’s clear that these gloves are designed with the user’s comfort and protection in mind. The extra padding around the middle knuckle and thumb area is a standout feature, providing a level of protection crucial for those concerned about knuckle damage.
In my training sessions, I found these gloves incredibly durable, withstanding the wear and tear of heavy bag work and sparring.
The proprietary RG-Ultra shock-absorbing padding did an excellent job of protecting my hands and wrists, even during extended periods of use. However, I noticed that the gloves are a bit front-heavy, which might slow down your punches if you’re not used to them.
The Revgear Elite Leather Boxing Gloves are a solid choice for anyone seeking high-performance training, sparring, and boxing glove.
They offer an outstanding balance of comfort, protection, and durability, making them a worthy addition to any training gear collection.
- Excellent knuckle and thumb protection
- Durable leather construction
- Comfortable, snug fit
- Advanced shock-absorbing padding
- Front-heavy design might slow down punches
- Interior lining could be more durable
Hayabusa T3 Kanpeki Leather Boxing Gloves
- Smooth Leather Finish
- World-Renowned Wrist Support
- A Precise Dual-Strap Fit
- High-Impact Protection
- Sophisticated Inner Lining
When I first slipped my hands into the Hayabusa T3 Kanpeki Leather Boxing Gloves, I was immediately impressed by the smooth leather finish and the snug fit.
The dual-strap fit system provided a level of adjustability that I haven’t found in many other gloves, allowing me to achieve a perfect fit every time.
The high-impact protection offered by the Deltra-EG knuckle protection was a standout feature. It’s designed to absorb impacts and dissipate energy, which I found to be particularly beneficial for my knuckle protection.
The gloves also feature Hayabusa’s patented Fusion Splinting and Dual-X closure that deliver unparalleled wrist support, which is a big plus for those with a history of wrist injuries.
The inner lining is another highlight. It’s ultra-soft and feels buttery smooth against the skin, keeping my hands cool and dry even during intense training sessions.
The ventilation holes strategically placed on the palm are a nice touch, allowing hot air to escape and further enhancing comfort.
However, these gloves are not without a couple drawbacks…
They are on the pricier side, and the dual-strap system can be tricky to adjust at first. But once you get the hang of it, it’s a breeze.
- Excellent knuckle and wrist protection
- High-quality leather finish
- Precise dual-strap fit
- Comfortable inner lining with ventilation
- Durable and long-lasting
- Higher price point
- Dual-strap system can be tricky to adjust initially
Combat Corner MMA Spar Gloves
- Superior comfort and protection with XtraFresh Mesh palm and moisture-wicking liner.
- Durable manufactured leather construction.
- Injection molded foam padding system for extra protection.
- Tested by professional boxers and fighters.
- Hook and loop Velcro closure.
During my time with the Combat Corner MMA Spar Gloves, I was particularly impressed by the injection molded foam padding system.
This feature absorbed the shock of impact effectively, providing excellent protection for my knuckles.
The gloves are designed with both boxing and MMA in mind, which makes them versatile for different training scenarios.
The XtraFresh Mesh palm, with its moisture-wicking liner, kept my hands dry and comfortable during some intense training sessions.
The durable manufactured leather construction ensured that the gloves could withstand heavy use, while the hook and loop Velcro closure made them easy to put on and take off.
However, these gloves might not be the best choice for those with larger hands, as some users have reported that the sizing runs small.
Also, while the padding is excellent for knuckle protection, it might feel stiff for some users until broken in.
- Excellent knuckle protection with injection molded foam padding.
- Comfortable fit with moisture-wicking liner.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Easy to put on and take off with Velcro closure.
- Suitable for both boxing and MMA training.
- Sizing may run small for some users.
- Padding might feel stiff until broken in.
Final Say On Gloves For Knuckles
In conclusion, the right pair of boxing gloves can significantly reduce the risk of knuckle injuries.
The gloves I’ve reviewed here offer excellent knuckle protection, each with unique features that cater to different needs and preferences.
Whether you prioritize comfort, durability, or versatility, there’s a pair of gloves in this roundup that will meet your needs and help you perform at your best in the ring.